Is there a support group you wish existed? Is there a class you have been wanting to teach? Is there something you (or your group) would be offering for the community IF ONLY THERE WAS SOMEPLACE TO DO IT!!!!!
Well, now there is.
Colorado CAL has reached an agreement with Blush & Blu, a cafe/bar on East Colfax (near VooDoo Donuts) to use one of there rooms for coordinated community events.
With the exception of Friday and Saturday evenings (when the room needs to be used for overflow from the bar), CAL will generally have access to the space any time the bar is open (and sometimes outside of normal hours for special events).
We have already had a few groups ask for a regular time, but most of the monthly calendar is still open.
So Colorado Community, NO EXCUSES!
Space is Free
If your group/class/etc is free, then the space if free. We just ask you to pass the hat and encourage donations to CAL to help support our ongoing work.
If you are charging for a class or other event, we will expect a reasonable portion of the proceeds to be donated to CAL.
And either way, we ask that you encourage attendees to hang out in the bar before and after the event and support the business that is making this possible.
- Events may be open to those 18+ before 8pm
- After 8pm, everyone must be 21+ (It's a legal thing)
- No nudity. Lingerie/Underwear is fine. (Bar Legal)
- No sex or sexual contact
- No Blood Play
The main meeting room is, unfortunately, not wheelchair accessible. Depending on the nature of your event, we can attempt to reserve the room that is accessible for you. Just let us know.
How to reserve the space
Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- A description of your meeting/class/event
- Your preferred day and time
- Whether this is a one-time or recurring event
- Any furniture or equipment you will be bringing
- Any furniture or equipment you would like us to provide
- Whether your event will be private (invitation/members only) or open to the public
- Whether your event will charge for admission