Event Phone: 7205938225
- Sheff Taping/Webcast Saturday Nov 4
November 4, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Broadcast from Denver's Dangerous Theatre 2620 W 2nd Ave #1 Denver, CO 80219
- Sheff Taping/Webcast Sunday Nov 5
November 5, 2017 - November 6, 2017
- Broadcast from Blush & Blu Denver 1526 E Colfax Ave Denver, CO 80218
Dr. Elisabeth Sheff is one of a handful of global academic experts on polyamory, and the foremost academic expert on children in polyamorous families. Specializing in diversity and underserved populations, Sheff is an expert witness, relationship consultant, public speaker, and author. Her first book, The Polyamorists Next Door: Inside Multiple-Partner Relationships and Families (2014 hardback and ebook, 2015 paperback and audiobook), details Sheff’s findings from the first 15 years of the Polyamorous Families Study. Stories from the Polycule: Real Life in Polyamorous Families (2015), Sheff’s second book, is an edited collection of stories from people in polyamorous families. Sheff’s third book, When Someone you Love is Polyamorous: Understanding Poly People and Relationships, is a brief introduction to polyamory using empirical evidence to start a conversation.
With a PhD in Sociology, Sheff is a pioneer of the academic study of polyamory. Sheff has also published over 20 peer reviewed articles and chapters in academic journals and books. Dr. Sheff has taught at the University of Colorado, University of Montana, Georgia State University, Oglethorpe, and Emory University.
Dr. Sheff has given scores of radio, podcast, print, and television interviews with sources from The New York Times, ABC News and CNN to The Atlantic, New York and Shape magazines. She has appeared on National Geographic Television’s Taboo and Sunrise, a morning show in Australia. As a blogger for Psychology Today, Sheff makes academic research easily accessible to everyone.
Dr. Sheff will be presenting on the following topics:
Saturday November 4
Sunday November 5
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES ARE MST AND ADJUST ACCORDINGLY IF YOU ARE ATTENDING FROM ANOTHER TIMEZONE
WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?
For the first time, ever, ColoradoCAL is hosting these classes online. Meaning that you can attend the class from the comfort of your own home, as well as re-watch it after the event is over. You will be able to ask questions and interact with the presenter directly, as well, so it's just like attending in person. Since this is the first time that we are trying this format, we are making seat reservations just $5. And as always, if you cannot afford to register, WE STILL WANT YOU TO ATTEND. Please just send us an email and we will get you set up.
We will also be recording the classes and will be making the classes available on-demand soon!
This event is part of our transition from traditional in-person education to classes and resources that can be accessed by anyone from anywhere. Look for more exciting announcements from ColoradoCAL Soon!
- Register (offsite) for each of the classes that you wish to attend by clicking on the name of the class above. This will take you to the GoToWebinar registration page for that event, where you will enter your name and email address to register for the class. BE SURE TO USE THE SAME NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS FOR YOUR CLASS REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Select the topics that you wish to see and purchase tickets for each person who will be watching from the box at the top of the page.
- Complete the payment process. BE SURE TO USE THE SAME NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS FOR YOUR CLASS REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive an email with the link to the webcast.
- Please plan to log in to the class early to resolve any technical issues you might have. We will begin broadcast promptly on time.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 1 HOUR BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START OF EACH CLASS.
If you live near Denver and would like to attend the taping in person, PLEASE DO. Attendance is free. We suggest a donation of $10 per person per class if attending in person. You can reserve your seat at the taping by selecting the live option above. If you do not wish to attend an entire day or cannot afford the suggested donation, please call, text, or email and we will accommodate you.
TO ACCOMMODATE THE EQUIPMENT FOR THE WEBCAST, LIVE SEATING IS INCREDIBLY LIMITED. PLEASE RESERVE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND LIVE.
Denver's Dangerous Theatre
2620 W 2nd Ave #1
Denver, CO 80219
Blush & Blu Denver
1526 E Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80218