Click Links to RSVP on Fetlife
Saturday August 5th
At Denver's Dangerous Theater
2620 West 2nd Avenue, #1
10am - Power Exchange & Authenticity
12noon - Practical Protocols & Ritual
1:30pm - Lunch (bring your own, or get something near by)
2:30pm - Pressure Point Play
Sunday, August 6th
At the ColoradoCAL Classroom @ Blush N Blu
1526 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80218
12noon - Sacred Service
1:30pm - Lunch (bring your own, or get something near by)
2:30pm - The Alchemy of Compatibility
4:30pm - The Winter of O/our Discontent
- Power Exchange and Authenticity – For many of us, our initial discovery of the world of BDSM felt like ‘coming home’. Unfortunately for too many in our community this feeling of liberation eventually fades, replaced with a unique sort of prison as we struggle with personal authenticity. As we become aware of individuals in our local scene who exhibit skills and qualities that we lack, many feel the pressure to; adopt affectations & attitudes inconsistent with who we really are inside, avoid uncomfortable truths about ourselves, and invent histories and experiences in order to be more comfortable around our peers. Master Obsidian and slave namaste explore the six dimensions of truthfulness that form the foundations of authenticity and explain how we can utilize the power of sincerity to unify our inward and outward selves to reclaim and energize our experience of this lifestyle.
- Practical Protocols and Ritual -Master Obsidian and slave namaste will lead a discussion about protocol and ritual in the scene and how they can be used to center and ground both Master and slave. What exactly are protocols? How are they used? What do you need to do to create and establish your own protocols and rituals? We will discuss the vanishing art of protocol and explore the many ways in which protocols and rituals can be used to strengthen and elevate the bond between Master and slave.
- Pressure Point Play – In this interactive seminar, we will explore pressure work in S/M sessions. Becoming experienced with non-impact/non percussive techniques can open up new horizons in our relationships, providing a conduit for the discerning Dominant to awaken or inflict a broad spectrum of sensations in the body of the submissive of bottom. By manipulating different pressure points or accupoints on the body, sensations ranging from orgasm to excruciating pain and even deeply moving emotional catharsis can result. These techniques are toy bag independent – there are zero size requirements and they are gender independent as well – most techniques are performed with an empty hand.
- Sacred Service – What is the “spirit” of Service? How can you combine spirituality and service to elevate your power exchange dynamic. How can service be a spiritual tool? What is the role of the Dominant/Master in this dance of service? Master Obsidian and slave namaste explore the concepts of spirituality and of service and will teach how combining the two can create a synergy that is both compelling and intense, serving to deepen the dynamic and strengthen the bonds of M/s. You’ll learn practical tools that can be used, how to ritualize any action or directive, what is Presence, and much more. Come with an open mind!
- The Alchemy of Compatibility – Most of us realize that it takes compatibility to make a relationship work, but what does compatibility look like within a Power exchange dynamic? Do opposites attract or do birds of a feather flock together? As a Master/Dominant does it matter if the slave/submissive is compatible? Can’t you just mold them into whatever you want? As a slave…where does compability fit in and can it be found without creating a co-equal dynamic? What is this magical alchemy that makes two (or more!) people a good fit together. Master Obsidian and slave namaste will explore this topic sharing their perspectives and experiences as well as helpful pointers and red flags.
- The Winter of O/our discontent – The pain of serious relationship conflict can motivate us to seek relief in ways that are inadequate or even harmful to the fundamental needs of the M/s dynamic. When faced with discord many M/s relationships implode under the weight of discussion, or suffer in silence through chronic conflict avoidance. Frequently, explosive confrontations are the damaging result of frustration on both sides. We believe that there are alternative ways for both Master and slave to communicate serious concerns through a process that is designed to respect, strengthen and perpetuate the M/s relationship, instead of temporarily abandoning the M/s structure to use an ‘egalitarian’ problem solving model. Join Master Obsidian and slave namaste on an exploration of practical conflict resolution methods based upon ancient principles. Both Master and slave will be equipped with tools to assist in tackling tough relationship issues without sacrificing the M/s relationship in the process.
About the Presenters
Master Obsidian has been involved in the BDSM community for over 3 decades. He’s been a member of groups in Chicago as well as in Texas. He has served in a Leadership capacity on groups throughout the United States. A proud Leatherman -He has presented numerous classes on topics ranging from Fire and Pressure point play to Dominance to Spirituality. He has received accolades and recognition by the community including Receiving His Masters’ cover in 2009, The 2012 Southwest Leather Conference Leatherman’s Heart Award, Pantheon of Leather Man of the year Nominee, and 2010 Southwest Master as well as 2010 International Master.
slave namaste has counseled women and taught about embracing submission for 20 years. She brings this knowledge into her relationship living in submission and surrender to Master Obsidian as well as to counseling and aiding in the development of other submissives, slaves, and surrendered hearts. Her writings on surrender and absolute slavery have been featured on web sites and in books. She is Founder and co-moderator of various lifestyle groups, including one geared specifically for those in TPE relationships. Her passions include Domestic Service, Protocols, Spirituality and The Art of Surrender. she is the 2010 Southwest slave and 2010 International slave.
Master Obsidian and slave namaste have presented and/or served as judges at: Southwest Leather Fest, NorthWest Leather Celebration, Southplains Leather Fest, SouthEast Leather Fest, Floating World, Leather Reign, GWNN Bash, Beyond Vanilla, Black BEAT, The Wet Spot, Threshold, Northern Exposure, Leather and Leis, Expressions, Beyond Leather, Folsom Fringe, International LeatherSir Leatherboy, Twisted in Tulsa as well as many local and small groups.
As always, classes in the Guest Presenter Series (GPS) are presented free of charge. This program is supported by generous donations from people like you. We suggest donating $10-20 per person, per class in order to cover the rental of venues, as well as the travel, accommodation, and meals for our out-of-state presenters.
Donations can be made with credit/debit card or eCheck using this link. We can also accept cash, check, or credit card at the door. But advance donations speed everything up, so please consider giving today.